12.17.2010

Sunday Choirs

Once again, I have found myself wading in snow up to my ankles to attempt and get "the shot". It always deems itself worth it in the end...right. ANYWHO. Meet Josh Frigo and his band of musically tech-ing bandmates: Alex, Steven, Sean M. and Sean A. These swell boys took on the cold and we're a really fun band to document! Their album is titled Sunday Choirs, and I've been sneak-peeking it all day! Its super good, and yes, my opinion means a lot ;)


PS: a WHOLE lot of pictures are coming your way.
PSS: I just took a benadryl in an attempt to fight this off-putting sore throat, and I fear my words might sound like a reflection of the side effects.

I love everything that is "the jumping picture". Everytime. I just love them.





































Sunday Choirs Inspired.
also: I made them sing to me at this very moment, for authenticities sake.






We then sought (the past tense of seek? sook?) warmth in the recording studio. I have a feeling these boys know that place a little too well.








 

I've been really into using my 50mm to create interesting effects. I.E. below: all of the fade is done by placing my hand in front of the lens in specific areas. Who knows if it is "photographically sound" by i enjoy it. 







i love the distortion of our bodies. It made me laugh for a good while.

1 comment:

  1. This is the most inconvenient way I could have done this but pictures (from top, down) 3 [tallest to shortest], 20 [scarf], 26 [back], and 29 [multiple backs] are outstanding.

    Fine work.
    Bravo.

    ReplyDelete