1.27.2011

Chris and Sarah Shaw

Remember Chris and Sarah from our fun fall engagement photoshoot....?

What a beautifully beautiful day. I don't know how I can sum up my heart-felt feelings towards this chilly January wedding without rambling for a few sentences. Sarah and I grew up together in our quaint little suburb. I have vivid memories of 8th grade dances and choir trips and geometry classes, but my most prominent memory is of a saturday morning book study we started when we were 12 or 13 with our other friend Lilly. We read books about "finding the right guy" and "how to stay pure" and "how to dress modestly" all things we felt mature enough to handle at such a young age. Needless to say, both Lilly and Sarah are happily married now....those insightful books must have worked! (as for me....lol...) 

See, I have rambled.

All this to say, I think I fell in love on this day. I fell in love with the art of love. and marriage. and childhood memories. and reminiscing. and sweet relationships surrounding in Christ. 

Sarah and Chris are an amazing couple, and this day was just a perfect celebration of their exciting new life together. Thank you both for allowing me to document this day. 

here here.

































































 My absolute favorite picture.









 In some ways, it was a small third year high school reunion.













What a beautiful day. This last photo was the very first photo I took from the day. I was sitting in my car, my favorite spot to mentally prepare myself, and just watched as the sun filled the brisk january air. Praying. Breathing. Thinking. Preparing. I knew this day was going to be just as beautiful as the cold sun. 





2 comments:

  1. Amazing, Kaitlyn. They're going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking for days waiting for these! It would be hard to take a bad photo of these two beautiful people, but you are truly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete